The Serpent Trail - 10k Info
The Serpent Trail 10km running race starts at 2pm on Saturday the 6th of July.
- Coach transport will leave the race venue / finish at Petersfield Rugby Club at 1.30 pm. It is your responsibility to be on the bus as it will be leaving promptly to take you to the race start.
- Registration is where you will receive your race number, event T-Shirt, Serpent Trail guide booklet and useful phone numbers sheet. This is at the venue and is open from 5 pm - 10 pm on Friday and 8 am on race day as it is handling registration for the all distances, though for those travelling to the race on Saturday morning it is advised to register between 11.30am and 1pm.
- Race Briefing will be at the Start line at 1.50 pm.
- Checkpoints There is one water station during the 10km race with biodegradable / recyclable cups.
- Kit List We simply ask that you carry your mobile phone with you during the race in case of any issues. On your race number is the Medic and Race Directors phone numbers.
- The Venue has camping available on the Friday and Saturday nights, plenty of parking and changing and shower facilities open all weekend. Consider camping after and/or before the race to make a weekend of it but especially to be rested before driving away from Petersfield afterwards.
- Arrival & Departure The venue opens at 5 pm on Friday evening and closes for the event at midday on Sunday.
- Route Markings are discs that are generally fixed to posts with the Serpent Trail logo on them. The head of the snake and arrow shape of the triangle point in the direction of the trail. Below is an example of one of the markers.
We also place regular route signage through-out the Half Marathon race. These are a5 size arrows to supplement the permanent signage of the Trail and stand out well, making route finding easy.
Also see our page of Frequently Asked Questions.