The Salomon Serpent Trail Half Marathon Info
The Salomon Serpent Trail Half Marathon running race starts at 12 pm (midday) on Saturday the 11th of July 2020.
See our Frequently Asked Questions if you have any queries!
- Registration is where you will receive your race number and Serpent Trail event T-Shirt. This is at the venue and is open from 5 pm - 10 pm on Friday and 9 am on race day for Half Marathon participants.
- Coach transport will leave the race venue / finish at Petersfield Rugby Club at 11.20 am. It is your responsibility to be on the bus as it will be leaving promptly to take you to the race start.
- Race Briefing will be emailed out prior to the event and key points covered at the Start line at 11.50 am.
- 2 Checkpoints will have water, squash, coke and a mixture of sweet and savoury snacks such as crisps, chocolate, sweets, cheese, bananas, watermelon, nuts etc.
- Course Records - M: Tom Carthey 1:28:08 2019 - F: 1:54:21 Sue Evans 2018
- Kit List We simply ask that you carry your mobile phone with you during the race in case of any issues. On your race number is the Medic and Race Directors phone numbers. See our links to the Salomon Trail Running range.
- The Venue has camping available on the Friday and Saturday nights, plenty of parking and changing and shower facilities open all weekend. Consider camping after and/or before the race to make a weekend of it but especially to be rested before driving away from Petersfield afterwards.
- Arrival & Departure The venue opens at 5 pm on Friday evening and closes for the event at midday on Sunday for those camping all weekend.
- Route Markings are discs that are generally fixed to posts with the Serpent Trail logo on them. The head of the snake and arrow shape of the triangle point in the direction of the trail. Below is an example of one of the markers. We also place regular route signage through-out the Half Marathon race. These are a5 size arrows to supplement the permanent signage of the Trail and stand out well, making route finding easy.
Also see our page of Frequently Asked Questions.