The Serpent Trail - Half Marathon Info
The Serpent Trail Half Marathon running race starts at 12 pm (midday) on Saturday the 7th of July.
- Registration is where you will receive your race number, event T-Shirt, Serpent Trail guide booklet and useful phone numbers sheet. This is at the venue and is open from 5 pm - 10 pm on Friday and 8 am on race day as it is handling registration for the all distances, though for those travelling to the race on Saturday morning it is advised to register between 9.30am and 11am.
- Coach transport will leave the race venue / finish at Petersfield Rugby Club at 11.20 am. It is your responsibility to be on the bus as it will be leaving promptly to take you to the race start.
- Race Briefing will be emailed out prior to the event a key points covered at the Start line at 11.50 am.
- 2 Checkpoints will have water, squash, coke and a mixture of sweet and savoury snacks such as crisps, chocolate, sweets, cheese, bananas, watermelon, nuts etc.
- Kit List We ask that you take at least the minimum kit required to take part in this race, so you are contactable and can raise the alarm in case of accidents. This is the useful phone numbers sheet and a charged, waterproofed mobile phone.
- The Venue has camping available on the Friday and Saturday nights, plenty of parking and changing and shower facilities open all weekend. Consider camping after and/or before the race to make a weekend of it but especially to be rested before driving away from Petersfield afterwards.
- Arrival & Departure The venue opens at 5 pm on Friday evening and closes for the event at midday on Sunday.
- Route Markings are discs that are generally fixed to posts with the Serpent Trail logo on them. The head of the snake and arrow shape of the triangle point in the direction of the trail. Below is an example of one of the markers.
We also place regular route signage through-out the Half Marathon race. These are a5 size arrows to supplement the permanent signage of the Trail and stand out well, making route finding easy.