Salomon Serpent Trail 50K Info
The Salomon Serpent Trail 50K running race starts at 10 am on Saturday the 11th of July 2020.
See our Frequently Asked Questions if you have any queries!
- Registration is at the venue, here you will receive your race number and Serpent Trail event T shirt. This is open from 5 pm - 10 pm on Friday and 8 am - 9 am on race day for 50k participants.
- Coach transport will leave the race venue at Petersfield Rugby Club at 9.10 am. It is your responsibility to be on the bus as it will be leaving promptly to take you to the race start.
- Race Briefing will be emailed out to participants prior to the event and short key points covered at the start line.
- Support Crew are allowed to follow you and supply you with food and drink in addition to race checkpoint supplies. We ask that they do not come to the checkpoint locations but meet you elsewhere.
- Drop Outs from the race can only do so AT CHECKPOINTS unless there is a medical reason or emergency. We will transport any drop outs back to the finish line, but there may be a small wait.
- Course Records - M: Alistair Pickburn 4:10:30, 2018 - F: Emily Iredale 4:32:39, 2019
- Cut Off for the 50k is midnight. This is 14 hours to cover 50km / 31 miles to make the event accessible to people wishing to try an Ultra distance running race or for those wishing to walk the whole way.
- The Venue has camping available on the Friday and Saturday nights, plenty of parking and changing and shower facilities open all weekend. Consider camping after and/or before the race to make a weekend of it but especially to be rested before driving away from Petersfield afterwards.
- Arrival & Departure The venue opens at 5 pm on Friday evening and closes for the event at midday on Sunday.
- Use of Poles is fine and allowed in this race. Be aware of other users and considerate / courteous with your poles.
- Music is allowed but take headphones out / turn it off when at or on roads and be aware of other users on the Trail and other runners.
- 5 Checkpoints will have water, squash, coke and a mixture of sweet and savoury snacks such as crisps, chocolate, sweets, cheese, bananas, watermelon, nuts etc.
The 50k is CUPLESS - read HERE for detail plus link to example of a perfect lightweight, folding cup to bring with you for the race.
These are the Checkpoint locations, please make sure any support crews do not meet you at checkpoints but elsewhere along the route. To help you plan your food and drink the distance between CP's can be viewed HERE
- 1 - Fittleworth / Tripp Hill Farm
- 2 - Grafham Common
- 3 - Midhurst
- 4 - Trotton
- 5 - Durford Mill (water only)
- Route Map for the 50k race is HERE plus downloadable GPX FILE HERE (We recommend having a gps device as backup whilst you are running - many running watches allow you to upload the route onto them, or viewranger is a great free app to enable your smartphone to be used as a gps)
- Route Markings are discs that are generally fixed to posts with the Serpent Trail logo on them. The head of the snake and arrow shape of the triangle point in the direction of the trail. Below is an example of one of the permanent trail markers. The whole 50k race is signed with our a5 size race signage arrows on top of the permanent trail signage!!!
Also see our page of Frequently Asked Questions.